Tomorrow is our last day to send around the link to our Quiet night at home fundraiser so I am posting it here. Minutes follow below the fund-raiser. Please send this on to friends so we can move closer to our goal of $2,000.
Help Flip The Virginia State House and Senate Blue in November 2019 with a
QUIET EVENING AT HOME
Virginia Primary Day: Tuesday, June 11th
No need to fight for a scarce East Bay parking space. No need to dress up.
Just contribute $20 or more at our Act Blue link that will directly fund the Virginia campaign efforts in State Senate District 7 and House of Delegates Districts 83 and 85. For your donation you’ll receive
- One teabag to take you comfortably through the evening of the primary
- An authorized, collectable and handmade button from our Indivisible Elmwood group
- Information regarding 3 important Virginia elections so you can understand the primary results
In order to receive your gifts, let us know you’ve contributed and the address to which you’d like our appreciation to be delivered.
MINUTES FROM THE MEETING
- Bruce discussed the results of the Indivisible survey we participated in. Anyone who wants the handout with a summary should get in touch with him. Indivisible has decided not to endorse for the primary (which we supported). Bruce will be posting updates on Indivisible activities on Thursdays.
- Bill updated us on about the East Bay Activist Alliance activities (several fundraisers, phone banks starting, texting as well). He’ll be posting update about activities– lots is going on and in the future there will be even more events.
- Judy gave us an incredibly informative summary of the attempt to replace the sheriff in Alameda and reform the requirements statewide so we can find better candidates. She will posting her summary of the process. For those not at the meeting, reading her summary will give you an idea of what they are up to and how important it is.
- We decided not to sponsor our own event for the June 15th spotlight on Impeachment. Instead everyone is encouraged to join in the action in Oakland at 1:00 at the Ron Dellums plaza. We will also be posting information about debate-watching parties (we suspect there will be many in the area) for June 26 and 27th.
- We are going to extend our auction of political memorabilia and also take some of the items in person to some future fund-raisers so we can make sure to get as much $$ from the event as we can.
- Everyone is encourage to write some postcards for Tony the Democrat’s new campaign in Florida.
- Due to travel plans, out next meeting will be on Sunday July 14th. In the meantime, people will be posting action items so there will be lots to do (posting will be 3-4 times a week so be sure to check regularly).