Enjoy a break in November and join us on Sunday Dec 5th 4:00-5:00 pm to celebrate our hard work. Cake, brownies, wine and party favors for all.
Andy will debrief with good news only and we’ll help each other gird our loins for the next round.
Bring a snack and a friend. We’ve helped each other stay focused and active — and that’s what we’ll continue to do.
At our meeting tomorrow we will raise a glass (or two) to the Recall Defeat (Hurrah!!!) and turn to Virginia. Winning is lots of fun — it is time to get into high gear for Virginia so we win there as well. At our meeting this weekend (Sunday Sept 19 4:00-5:00) Andy will give his analysis of the Recall vote, we’ll have updates on other projects and we’ll organize the push for Virginia (our thermometer, letters and the hundreds of postcards we have ready to be filled out). Spirits liquid and otherwise provided.
Saturday 2-3 on Zoom, meet Brian Osorio, Mayor of Delano now running again Valadao in Congressional District 21
Saturday 3-4 join Janice for the closing of her art show at the Moss Galley, next to the Elmwood Theater
Sunday 4-5 our next Indivisible Elmwood meeting at our house. Agenda: update on voting rights with next steps, update on the meeting with Osorio and update on Virginia and special update from Bill about the intern program in Virginia. Lots to discuss and some action items.
Sunday June 6th 4:00-5:15 pm
We’ll get to work on our three goals:
- Helping protect our wins in Virginia and flipping the 59th District House seat.
- Pushing Senate Bill 1 and other forms of voter protection
- Flipping CA Congressional District 21 back to blue in 2022
4:00–4:15 Andy update on the Virginia races and request for Indivisible Elmwood to fund one Virginia intern
4:15–4:30 Zoom visit with Candidate Dr. Ben Moses
4:30–4:45 Update on how to support Senate Bill 1 and voter protection
4:45–5:00 Update on Ca Congressional District 21 Race
5:00–5:15 Reviews of actions to take until the next meeting
Roll up your sleeves and join us. Bring a friend.
We fought the Trump abomination from College and Ashby and we won!
Thanks to those of you who joined us for a discussion about the future of our group. Here are the main points from our meeting:
- We will need some time to find and digest all the analysis that will take place of what exactly happened in November and which actions were most useful. Everyone is interested in building up a progressive ground game in the swing states.
- Meanwhile, the website is useful so it will stay in operation. Andy will continue to post his analysis and everyone else is welcome to post any and all information and updates. If you want to post and can’t, Andy can give you permission. Just email him.
- Meetings are on a hiatus. We’ll resume at some time in the future when we have a clearer idea of what we (that means all of us) want to take up next.
- Congratulations to Sally Brooks for winning our “Guess how much we raised” contest. We have three terrific pieces of political swag for you.
- Finally, THINK GEORGIA. Donate via EBAA to Voter Movement Project (supports 13 grass roots groups in Georgia, not tax deductible) and to Stacey Abrams’ tax-deductible project Fair Count.
We will gather for a discussion about our future Sunday, November 22, 4:30–5:45. Zoom link.
In addition to all the links that Andy has posted below, anyone who wants to write postcards should get in touch with Bill for names and addresses (give him a few days to get some) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Email me if you want some of our leftover cards. Tons of people will be trying to get Georgia addresses for postcards so I encourage everyone to think about Vote Forward letters, phone banking and texting. Donating to the groups that build ground game is a really good idea, as we learned so vividly this election.
Andy and I drove to the burbs and greatly enjoyed mailing all the letters there. What a great group effort.
Also, as always, our thermometer is on the rise. Now nearing $45,000.
Thanks to everyone for all the work going on and we look forward to seeing everyone next weekend. Meanwhile, if you need help getting active, please let us know.