Saturday 2-3 on Zoom, meet Brian Osorio, Mayor of Delano now running again Valadao in Congressional District 21
Saturday 3-4 join Janice for the closing of her art show at the Moss Galley, next to the Elmwood Theater
Sunday 4-5 our next Indivisible Elmwood meeting at our house. Agenda: update on voting rights with next steps, update on the meeting with Osorio and update on Virginia and special update from Bill about the intern program in Virginia. Lots to discuss and some action items.
Sunday June 6th 4:00-5:15 pm
We’ll get to work on our three goals:
- Helping protect our wins in Virginia and flipping the 59th District House seat.
- Pushing Senate Bill 1 and other forms of voter protection
- Flipping CA Congressional District 21 back to blue in 2022
4:00–4:15 Andy update on the Virginia races and request for Indivisible Elmwood to fund one Virginia intern
4:15–4:30 Zoom visit with Candidate Dr. Ben Moses
4:30–4:45 Update on how to support Senate Bill 1 and voter protection
4:45–5:00 Update on Ca Congressional District 21 Race
5:00–5:15 Reviews of actions to take until the next meeting
Roll up your sleeves and join us. Bring a friend.
We fought the Trump abomination from College and Ashby and we won!
Thanks to those of you who joined us for a discussion about the future of our group. Here are the main points from our meeting:
- We will need some time to find and digest all the analysis that will take place of what exactly happened in November and which actions were most useful. Everyone is interested in building up a progressive ground game in the swing states.
- Meanwhile, the website is useful so it will stay in operation. Andy will continue to post his analysis and everyone else is welcome to post any and all information and updates. If you want to post and can’t, Andy can give you permission. Just email him.
- Meetings are on a hiatus. We’ll resume at some time in the future when we have a clearer idea of what we (that means all of us) want to take up next.
- Congratulations to Sally Brooks for winning our “Guess how much we raised” contest. We have three terrific pieces of political swag for you.
- Finally, THINK GEORGIA. Donate via EBAA to Voter Movement Project (supports 13 grass roots groups in Georgia, not tax deductible) and to Stacey Abrams’ tax-deductible project Fair Count.
We will gather for a discussion about our future Sunday, November 22, 4:30–5:45. Zoom link.
In addition to all the links that Andy has posted below, anyone who wants to write postcards should get in touch with Bill for names and addresses (give him a few days to get some) at email@example.com. Email me if you want some of our leftover cards. Tons of people will be trying to get Georgia addresses for postcards so I encourage everyone to think about Vote Forward letters, phone banking and texting. Donating to the groups that build ground game is a really good idea, as we learned so vividly this election.
Andy and I drove to the burbs and greatly enjoyed mailing all the letters there. What a great group effort.
Also, as always, our thermometer is on the rise. Now nearing $45,000.
Thanks to everyone for all the work going on and we look forward to seeing everyone next weekend. Meanwhile, if you need help getting active, please let us know.
- We raced by $25,000 and will probably cross $30,000 today! Keep sending our link to friends–everyone is in the mood to donate.
- Ann O. had lots of good suggestions for new phrases for Vote Forward letters. Highlight the election date and if you want more suggestions for phrases, email me.
- Andy added a race to our list based on his updated analysis. We now have a link for Greenfield in the Iowa senate race. Some new interesting house race info–he’ll send out some info today or tomorrow.
- I have lots of “buddy” offers so if you want to turn your new anger into a new form of action, feel free to email me. Scroll down to previous posts for lots of good links to actions.
- Thanks to the many of you who are picking up postcards and letters from my porch (nearing 1,000 letters today). The TJ Cox campaign sent a lovely thank you for all the postcards. That race is neck-and-neck so every postcard is important.
- Finally, a FUN EVENT for vote forward tomorrow late afternoon with
Lin-Manuel Miranda from Hamilton
When: The kickoff event is on Monday (9/21) at 7:30 pm ET/4:30 pm PT
RSVP using this link: https://www.mobilize.us/votefwd/event/319667/?utm_source=lmm-referral