Make the Resistance Delicious!
with Alice Medrich
Sunday, September 15, 2019, 3-5 pm
Author, pastry chef, and teacher Alice Medrich is one of the country’s foremost experts on chocolate. Since 1976, when her renowned shop, Cocolat, opened and her first dessert feature appeared in a national publication, Alice’s innovative ideas and recipes have influenced a generation of confectioners, pastry chefs, and home cooks.
✓ Virginia is one of only four states with statewide elections in 2019.
✓ EBAA activists helped VA Dems flip 15 Republican-held House seats in the 2017 state election, the biggest electoral Dem shift since 1899.
✓ We need to pick up only 2 seats in each chamber to shift VA to Democratic control.
✓ Virginia Republicans have extensively gerrymandered districts. We can undo widespread voter disenfranchisement and help Virginia to send Democrats to Congress!
Alice will lead us on a journey to learn:
• What is chocolate, its origins, and how it’s made
• Definitions such as cacao percentage, single origin, etc.
• The bean to bar movement and the rise of craft chocolate, with a focus on local chocolatiers
• How to taste chocolate, and taste we will! Presentation followed by sweet and savory chocolate dishes.
What a sweet way to flip Virginia!
Sunday, September 15, 2019, 3:00–5:00 pm
• Montclair District in Oakland. (Address provided upon reservation.)
• $95 minimum donation per person.
• All proceeds go to support Nancy Guy for VA House of Delegates, 83rd district.
• To attend, donate at secure.actblue.com/donate/cocoa
• Seating limited—don’t delay!
East Bay Activist Alliance, an affiliate of Sister District Project, is comprised of volunteer activists and organizations in San Francisco’s East Bay. We help flip and hold winnable districts red-to-blue by supporting high impact, strategic campaigns where state legislative seats, voting rights, and Congressional campaigns intersect.